Yamaha Music London is committed to providing a secure, private and fair shopping experience.
Use the links below to view our policies, which do not affect your statutory rights.
Click here to download a PDF file of this page. Please note that these pertain to online sales only. Click here for Instore Terms & Conditions of Sale.
General | Delivery | Returns | Privacy | Security
- Please note that your order on our website will be accepted by us, and a contract will then be formed between us, only at the point of shipping the goods to you.
- Delivery charges vary according to the type of item(s) ordered; in some instances we are able to offer a choice of delivery (eg express service) and in otheres there may be no charge for delivery. For those products where there are specific delivery requirements (eg delivery of a piano to non-ground floor premises) a further charge may be incurred.
- Where possible we will despatch any items readily available from stock and forward the outstanding items when they become available at no extra cost (only applicable to UK customers). However, if this not possible we will inform you of any change.
- For orders outside of the UK , the delivery charge will be based on the overall weight of the products in the basket and country of destination.
- Please note that where a currency conversion is shown for an item, this is purely an indication of the item's price in the selected currency. All transactions will be charged in Sterling (if ordering using a payment card issued outside of the UK, be aware that the currency conversion will depend on the exchange rate and that your card issuer may charge a fee for processing the payment).
- Where possible we have tried to indicate the availability for all products. This is not a live status of current stock availability and, in some circumstances, products indicated as in stock may not be available from stock at the time of receipt of the order by us. Nevertheless we will contact you to inform you of this.
- We are unable to delivery some products either outside the UK or outside the EEC. Where possible, this information is provided on the product page.
- Yamaha Music London is a trading name of Yamaha Music Europe GmbH (UK).
Using Promotion Codes
- Only one Promotion Code can be used against an order.
- If the code is not entered when submitting the order any applicable discount cannot be applied retrospectively.
- Yamaha Music London reserves the right to change or end the promotion at any time without prior notice. Yamaha Music London also reserves the right to change or remove any products normally available in a promotion at any time without prior notice.
- Promotion Codes cannot be used when placing an order via the telephone.
- To the fullest extent permitted at law, Yamaha Music London is providing this web site and its contents on an 'as is' basis and makes no (and expressly disclaims all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this web site or the information, content, materials or products included in this site including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In addition, Yamaha Music London does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this web site is accurate, complete or current.
- Yamaha Music London constantly maintains this website to keep it up-to-date and free from errors. However, from time to time, errors in product information and pricing may occur. If you place an order for an item with an erroneous price via our website, we will make contact with you before we accept the order and update/correct the erroneous details as required. You will then have the option of cancelling the order in its entirety, or confirming the order based on the corrected information we have given you. If, for whatever reason, we cannot make contact with you, the order will be treated as cancelled. Likewise, during a sale, or discounted price promotion where limited stock of the item is available at the advertised price, if the goods you have ordered outnumber the quantity available at the discounted price, we will notify you as soon as possible detailing the number of items available for you to purchase at the discounted price. You will have the option of cancelling your order completely; or placing a new order at the correct price for these goods; or purchasing the number of items available at the discounted price. Following this process, you will, of course, be refunded in full for any items ordered that have been cancelled.
- Photos and other images on www.yamahamusiclondon.com are for illustration purposes only and whilst Yamaha Music London aims to provide accurate imagery, images may not necessarily match the exact appearance of products and services.
- Except as specifically stated on this Web site, to the fullest extent permitted at law, neither Yamaha Music London nor any of its subsidiaries, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages or losses arising out of or in connection with the use of this Web site or the information, content, materials or products included on this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages or losses of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages or losses, loss of data, income or profit, goodwill, anticipated savings, wasted expenditure or additional third-party charges, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. For the avoidance of doubt, Yamaha Music London does not limit its liability for death or personal injury to the extent only that it arises as a result of the negligence of Yamaha Music London, its subsidiaries, directors, employees or other representatives.
- We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- Items in stock are usually despatched within one to two working days (Monday-Friday) after the order has been received.
- If an item is out of stock you will be notified within three working days & asked if you wish to cancel or wait for stock to arrive.
- Orders are despatched via courier, Royal Mail or by specialist carrier (eg acoustic pianos are delivered by specialist piano movers).
- Actual delivery time cannot be guaranteed and may be anytime between 8am and 6pm (Monday-Friday).
- Yamaha Music London uses national couriers, specialist carriers and Royal Mail, who make every effort to deliver your order as quickly and reliably as possible.
Delivery Of Large Items To UK Addresses Outside Mainland UK
- For orders which include large items (eg Clavinovas, large keyboards, upright & grand pianos etc) where you live outside of mainland UK (eg Northern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Scilly Isles, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands) please contact us by clicking here and we will be happy to provide a quote for delivery.
It is possible to place an order for the item, in order to reserve it, but where the delivery charge appears as zero you may incur a further charge for delivery. Prices will depend on the actual destination address.
- Orders shipped by courier (excluding those for sheet music items) are insured by Yamaha Music London against loss or damage until signed for by you. Please note that It is your responsibility to inspect the item(s) for external damage before you sign for delivery. If the outer box is badly damaged, please make a note of this on the delivery note and refuse to accept delivery.
- After signing for the item(s), please open them as soon as possible and check the contents. Missing or damaged items must be reported within 24 hours of delivery in writing - click here to contact us. (Please also view our Returns Policy.)
- Yamaha Music London operates in strict compliance with UK anti-fraud and card protection legislation and guidelines. When paying by credit or debit card, we will only deliver to an address already registered with your card issuer, usually the card statement address.
- All transaction information you enter is sent via our secure server to your own card issuer for authorisation and authentication. If the details do not match exactly, the card issuer will advise us to cancel the order.
Expected Delivery Times
- Orders are normally supplied directly from stock. However, delivery times will be affected by the store and warehouse opening hours. Where possible we have tried to indicate the expected despatch times for all products. For any item not in stock, we will try to despatch it within the time indicated on the product page, but there may be circumstances outside our control that may cause a delay (e.g. non-availability of product from our suppliers, etc).
- Yamaha items usually include a 2 year 'Return To Base' limited guarantee; other manufacturers' items normally carry a 1 year 'Return To Base' limited guarantee. Other items (eg sheet music, consumables etc) may not include a manufacturer's guarantee. You must inform Yamaha Music London of any faults in writing via our contact form (click here), letter or fax. Notifications by phone or SMS are not accepted. After we receive notification of the fault, we will contact you to resolve the issue.
- For fault notifications received in writing within 7 working days of delivery, we will make every attempt to rectify the fault. This may include on-site maintenance. For fault notifications received after 7 working days of delivery but within the warranty period, please return the faulty item to Yamaha Music London and ensure that you retain proof of sending. For smaller items, we suggest returning them to us by Royal Mail. For larger items, if you cannot return them yourself, we can arrange for courier collection which may incur a collection charge. Where an acoustic piano is believed by Yamaha Music London to be faulty, we will arrange for a technician to attend to the fault on-site.
Cancelling An Order
- You may cancel a telephone or website order up to:
- 14 working days after the day of delivery for physical goods
- 14 working days after the day the order was placed for digital content (including digital sheet music) as long as the digital content has not yet been received (i.e. downloaded or printed out). By receiving (i.e. downloading or printing) the digital content, you are agreeing to waive the right to cancel the order.
- If you wish to cancel a telephone or website order, you must inform Yamaha Music London in writing by:
- Telephone cancellations will not be accepted. After we receive your cancellation notification, we will give you a returns reference; items should then be returned within 14 days of Yamaha Music London receiving your Returns form/online notification.
- Assuming the items are returned to Yamaha Music London in an acceptable condition (eg brand new, unopened), a refund for both the item and (if applicable) the initial delivery charge will be made to the payment card, less any charge for collection or other deductions applicable.
- This applies to all goods supplied with the exception of CD, Video, DVD, software and Book & CD packages where the item has been either tampered with or unsealed.
Returning An Item
- You are responsible for the cost and safe return to Yamaha Music London of any unwanted goods. Please ensure that you retain proof of sending any item for return. Alternatively, Yamaha Music London can arrange collection. You are responsible for the direct cost of collection of such goods by Yamaha Music London. You must take reasonable care of the item and must return it, and all packaging and accessories, in original condition. After we receive the item plus all packaging and accessories in original condition, we will refund the purchase price of the item in full, as soon as possible and within not more than 30 days. Delivery charges are not refundable.
- The consumer shall not be entitled to a full refund of the product purchase price if he/she does not take reasonable care of the Goods either prior to cancellation of the Contract or, following cancellation, while the Goods remain in the possession of the consumer. For the purposes of this clause, a consumer shall be deemed not to have taken reasonable care of the Goods if such Goods are not returned to Yamaha Music London packed in their original box, with all accessories, manuals and cables, or if the Goods or the internal or external packaging is defaced or damaged in any way.
- Yamaha Music London cannot, and does not, in any way attempt to warrant the suitability of goods for a particular purpose. It is your responsibility to carefully check specifications, sizes and compatibility before ordering. If you are unsure of the size, suitability or compatibility of an item, please contact Yamaha Music London before placing your order. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are purchasing the correct product.
- Goods purchased from Yamaha Music London are not sold on a trial basis.
- Please note that all returns are subject to our Terms and Conditions, but these do not affect your statutory rights
Yamaha Music London will never sell, nor divulge your email address, or personal information to ANY third party, except specifically to our delivery agents, working on our behalf to complete delivery.
When you add items to your shopping basket and proceed to the checkout, we capture the personal information you supply. This is required to record and verify your name, address and card details, without which we would not be able to process your card payment, nor deliver the goods to you. This information is never sold to any third party, and the card details are processed, stored and protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems, plus industry standard full 128-bit SSL encryption and a secure certificate from Verisign.
When you browse this web site, we capture and store non-personal information that helps us improve our web site based on the browsing trends and operating systems of our visitors. This information is never sold to any third party and will not personally identify you. It relates to:
- The Internet domain (e.g. www.company.co.uk) and IP address from which you access this web site
- Your type of browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and operating system (e.g. Windows, UNIX)
- The date and time of your visit
- The pages you visit
- The address of the web site from which you linked to Yamaha Music London (if applicable)
We use this information to make each visit more rewarding, and to help us improve the efficiency of our website layout and our service. We do not know (and do not want to know) the identities of people who browse the website without making a purchase.
Yamaha Music London will never sell your email address or personal information to any thrid party, neither will we divulge your email address or any other contact information to 3rd parties, except agencies working on our behalf to complete delivery, or where compelled to do so by legal order.
We protect your card details with firewalls and intrusion detection systems plus industry standard full 128-bit SSL encryption and a secure certificate. Before entering your card number, please confirm that your browser's security symbol appears.