In the CLP-440, Yamaha have combined meticulously detailed piano voices with a enhanced amplifier and speaker system to create a truly oustanding digital piano.
- GH3 action with Synthetic Ivory keytops
- 14 voices each with 2 variations
- Yamaha "Real Grand Expression" sound engine
- Smooth release and damper resonance features
- Key-off samples, string resonance and stereo sustain samples
- USB audio recording and playback
- Control panel reveal key cover
A design that captures the presence of an acoustic piano
A Clavinova has all the presence and beauty of an acoustic piano. Polished models offer a luxurious, classic piano finish while the colour variations available are designed to complement any room decor.
Real Grand Expression: The sensation of playing a grand piano
Yamaha's Real Grand Expression (RGE) technology recreates the response and expressive capability similar to that of a grand piano. RGE combines three key elements: Sound, touch and pedals. The grand piano voices are created by sampling a Yamaha concert grand piano; a single grand selected and finely tuned by a master piano technician. The result is a sound that captures both the beauty of each note in exact detail. The groundbreaking touch of a Clavinova has been meticulously refined using feedback from many pianists. Yamaha technology creates smooth and dynamic changes in tone according the strength of touch, replicating the expressiveness of a grand piano. Finally, the pedals are designed to complete the playing experience that only a Yamaha Clavinova can provide.
Intelligent Acoustic Control
Intelligent Acoustic Control provides a full, balanced sound with rich lows and clear highs even at low volume. One of the joys of a Clavinova is that the volume can be adjusted to avoid disturbing others. However, playing at low volumes can make it difficult to hear bass and treble. The Intelligent Acoustic Control function automatically adjusts the sound and the volume control makes fine adjustments to the speaker system, ensuring that you can always enjoy the utmost sound quality even at low volumes.
A selection of instrument voices
A Clavinova has many piano voices so that you can select the type of piano best suited to the musical genre you wish to play. In addition to acoustic pianos, you can enjoy the sound of electric pianos, including a Yamaha CP1 stage piano. Other instrument voices including classical organ, harpsichord and guitar are available while dual voice enables two sounds, for example piano and strings, to be combined giving the opportunity to play a wide variety of music.
A wide range of additional functions
In addition to being compact and requiring no tuning, a Clavinova has a number of other useful features. Two headphone jacks offer the ability to listen in to a practice session or play duets in silence. A metronome, transpose function, brilliance control and digital effects such as concert-hall reverb and many other versatile features are also incorporated.
Two recording options offer maximum versatility
Recording is a useful way to evaluate your performance and share with others. You can record at the touch of a button or use two-track recording to record both hands individually or to create a duet. Playback tempo can be adjusted and performances can be stored on a USB memory device. In addition, this Clavinova has a USB audio recorder, which enables performances to be recorded as an audio track (WAV file format). Recordings can be transferred to a computer and then stored on a portable digital media player or on a CD, for playback in a CD player. This function also provides the opportunity to play along with an audio track stored on a USB memory device.
Panel Reveal key cover
Hide away the control panel to recreate the classic acoustic piano look.
- Width: 1420mm (55 7/16")
- Height: 907mm (35-11/16")
- Depth: 513mm (20 3/16")
- Weight: 66.0kg (145lbs., 8oz)
- Number of Keys: 88
- Keyboard Action Class: GH3 (Graded Hammer 3) keyboard with synthetic ivory keytops
- Touch Sensitivity Options: Hard, Medium, Soft, Fixed
- Number of Pedals: 3
- Half Pedal Sensitivity: Yes
- Pedal Functions: Damper (with half pedal effect), Sostenuto, Soft
- Display Type: 7-segment LED
- Key Cover Style: Sliding, Panel Reveal Key Cover
- Music Rest: Yes
- Tone Generation Technology: RGE (Real Grand Expression) Sound Engine
- Stereo Sustain Samples: Yes
- Key-off Samples: Yes
- String Resonance: Yes
- Smooth Release: Yes
- Damper Resonance: Yes
- Maximum Polyphony: 256
- Number of Sounds: 14 (each with 2 variations)
- Reverb types: 4
- Brilliance settings: 5
- Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC): Yes
- Dual/Layered Sound Option: Yes
- Split Keyboard Function: Yes
- Number of recorded song spaces: 10
- Number of Tracks: 2
- USB Audio Recorder Playback Format: WAV
- Recording Format: WAV
- Metronome Function: Yes
- Transpose Function: Yes
- Other settings: Tuning, Scale Type, etc.
- Internal MIDI Memory: Approx 1.5MB (Flash Memory)
- External Drives Supported: USB Flash Memory, Memory Card (SmartMedia, etc.) with External Adapter
- Headphones Connections: 2
- MIDI Sockets: IN, OUT, THRU
- AUX IN: L / L+R, R
- AUX OUT: L / L+R, R
- USB TO DEVICE (For USB Memory Sticks etc): x1
- USB TO HOST (For MIDI to Mac/Windows PC): x1
- Amplifiers: 40W x 2
- Speakers: (16cm + 5cm) x 2 [(6 5/16" + 1 15/16") x 2]
- Power Consumption: 45W
- Headphones Hanger: Yes