Everything you need for some serious drumming - in one affordable table-top package.
This pack includes:
- Yamaha DD-65 Digital Drum Pads with Drum Sticks
- Yamaha Mains Power Adapter
- Stereo Headphones
8 touch-sensitive drum pads and real drum kit layout for easy playing. Angle of pads is specially designed for maximum ease of playing.
- Eight touch sensitive drum pads plus two foot pedals
- Connect CD, MD, or MP3 player to AUX IN jack, and play along with your favourite music
- Wide variety of percussion sounds from all over the world
- Flash ROM memory
- Load MIDI songs from the internet via USB-MIDI interface, and play along
DD-65 is a digital drumkit with eight touch sensitive pads and two foot pedals. High quality drum samples and a wide variety of percussion sounds from all over the world are mixed with orchestral voices to provide a wide range of musical opportunities. AUX IN jack lets you connect an MP3 player and jam along with your favourite tracks.
Requires a power supply (PA-150) which is not included
8-pad digital drum system
Eight touch responsive drum pads allow for expressive drumming with hands or drumsticks. Each pad is velocity sensitive, so that all performance dynamics are perfectly reproduced. Playing can be as expressive as on an acoustic instrument.
Hand percussion mode
Hand percussion responds to the pressure of hands in an accurate way that sounds exactly like the real thing - great for those bongo and conga sessions!
Assignable percussion voices
A wide variety of percussion voices provide for a variety of percussion sounds, from rock to rap and beyond. The percussion voices can be assigned to each pad, to recreate classic drumkit sounds, or to create wild combinations of percussion instruments.
AUX IN Jack
This jack is for connection to an external audio source such as an MP3 player or CD. You can play the instrument with backing music and accompaniment, like playing with a full band.
Recording your Performances
Up to five of your performances can be saved to this instrument, and these songs can be played in the same manner as the preset songs.
Headphone jack & drum sticks
A headphone jack for drumming in private, and included drumsticks make it easy to get started quickly.
- Width 602mm (23-11/16")
- Height 180mm (7-1/16")
- Depth 411mm (16-3/16")
- Weight 4.5 kg (9 lbs., 15 oz. )
- Pedal Number of Pedals 2
- Functions Hi-hat, Bass drum
- Pad Number of Pads 8
- Touch Response Yes
- Display Type LED
- Size 7-segment, 3-digit
- Panel Language English
- Tone Generation Tone Generating Technology AWM Stereo Sampling
- Polyphony Number of Polyphony (Max.) 32
- Preset Number of Voices 254 Drum Voices + 25 Phrase
- Compatibility GM Yes
- XGlite Yes
- Types Reverb Yes
- Master EQ On/Off
- Preset Number of Preset Songs 100
- Recording Number of Songs 5
- Number of Tracks 4
- Data Capacity approx. 10,000 notes per song
- Recording Function Yes
- Compatible Data Format Playback SMF (Format 0)
- Recording SMF (Format 0)
- Overall Controls Tempo Range 11 - 320
Storage and Connectivity
- Storage Internal Memory 350KB
- Connectivity DC IN DC IN 12V
- Headphones x 1
- MIDI In/Out
- AUX IN Yes
Amplifiers and Speakers
- Amplifiers 5W x 2
- Speakers 8cm x 2
- Power Supply Adapto(PA-5D, PA-150, or an equivalent recommendedby Yamaha) Batteries(Six "C" size, LR14 (R14P)), or equivalent batteries (NOT INCLUDED)
- Power Consumption 19 W
- Included Accessories Pedal/Footswitch Yes
Please note that we deliver within the United Kingdom only
Questions & Answers
Question: Does the DD65 have a MIDI output? If so, are drivers included or will it work with Windows' own drivers?
Thank you for the question. We've included traditional MIDI In and Out connections on the DD-65; these won't connect directly to a computer or tablet.
To connect it to a Mac or Windows computer, you'll need some form of MIDI interface (the interface will have its own drivers, or be class-compliant with the operating system on the computer so that no drivers are necessary). MIDI connections are sometimes included on audio interfaces (eg Steinberg's UR22 Mk II audio interface).
Otherwise, for Windows PCs, we'd recommend our own UX16 interface which plugs into a USB socket on your computer. The UX16 will also work with macOS but, alternatively, our new MD-BT01 Wireless Bluetooth MIDI adapter makes it very easy to connect the DD-65 to a Mac, iPad or iPhone without having to use a cable.