Thank you for getting in touch. The MG10XU is a passive mixer - that is, it doesn't provide an amplified signal to any speakers which are connected.
Instead, it's designed to work either with active monitor speakers (for instance, Yamaha HS or MSP Series speakers for studio use), active PA speakers (for instance, Yamaha DXR Series PA speakers) or a power amplifier of some sort.
This means that you could connect speakers which themselves have 700w amplifiers built in, but you couldn't directly connect speakers rated up to 700w but which don't have their own built-in amplifiers.
Regarding the connections, the MG10XU has the following outputs:
- Stereo Output, Left + Right:
- Either Jack or XLR connections
- This is typically used for the 'main' or front-of-house speakers in a system
- Monitor Output, Left + Right:
- Jack connections
- This is typically used for onstage monitors or a second set of speakers in a studio environment
You can connect a pair of speakers to either or both. An example set up in a studio might be to have Yamaha HS7 Monitor speakers connected to the Stereo Left and Right connections via XLR cables, and - for comparison when mixing - a Yamaha HiFi (with its own speakers) connected to the Monitor Left and Right connections.