One of the most prolific and influential composers of the Baroque era, Vivaldi is especially noted for his compositions for violin, e.g., The Four Seasons. He was equally at home in composing for other instruments, however, including the flute, recorder, and bassoon.
This volume comprises a selection of his finest compositions for wind instruments, including six concertos for flute and strings: Concerto No. 1 in F Major, "The Tempest" (RV 433); Concerto No. 2 in G Minor, "Night" (RV 439); Concerto No. 3 in D Major, "The Bullfinch" (RV 428); Concerto No. 4 in G Major (RV 435); Concerto No. 5 in F Major (RV 434); and Concerto No. 6 in G Major (RV 437).
Also here are four "related" concertos: Concerto No. 1b, variant (RV 570) for Flute, Oboe, Bassoon, and Strings; Concerto No. 2c, variant (RV 501) for Bassoon and Strings; Concerto RV 422 for (Soprano) Recorder in F Minor; and Concerto RV 444 for Sopranino Recorder in C Major.
Musicians and music lovers will appreciate this convenient compilation of rewarding works by the Italian master, edited and with an introduction by Italian Baroque music expert Eleanor Selfridge-Field
- Concerto No 1 In F Major "The Tempest" (RV 433)
- Concerto No 1b Variant (RV 570) For Flute Oboe Bassoon & Strings
- Concerto No 2 In G Minor "Night" (RV 439)
- Concerto No 2c Variant (RV 501) For Bassoon And Strings
- Concerto No 3 In D Major "The Bullfinch" (RV 428)
- Concerto No 4 In G Major (RV 435)
- Concerto No 5 In F Major (RV 434)
- Concerto No 6 In G Major (RV 437)
- Concerto RV 422 For (Soprano) Recorder In F Minor
- Concerto RV 444 For Sopranino Recorder In C Major
|Publisher Ref No
|No of Pages||192|