First Lessons Bass is intended to introduce beginning students to the fundamental concepts of playing the electric bass. The material covered in this book is approximately the material covered in the first 8 lessons of private bass instruction. This book makes use of the "3-finger" left hand position commonly found in double bass technique. The emphasis on left hand technique allows the student to develop a consistent fingering approach to the fingerboard, reduces unnecessary strain on the left hand, and makes the bass more accessible to younger students or students with small hands. After the left hand technique has been established, the book introduces the student to important elements of bass line construction including blues patterns, the root-fifth relationship, and common rhythmic patterns.
• Introduction for beginning students to the • fundamental concepts of playing the electric bass.
• Book is approximately the material covered in the • first 8 lessons of private bass instruction.
• Makes use of the "3-finger" left hand position• commonly found in double bass technique.
• Offers student important elements of bass line • construction: blues patterns, root-fifth relationship,• and common rhythmic patterns.
• Companion CD and DVD included.
Bass Guitar Solo
Bay (Mel) Publications Inc
|Publisher Ref No
Book & CD & DVD
|No of Pages||32|