Blind Willie Johnson recorded thirty songs from 1927-1930 and of those thirty he used a slide on only twelve. There has been much debate surrounding how he played and what he played with, but regardless of "how" or "what" those twelve songs stand as some of the best slide guitar ever recorded.
In The Guitar Of Blind Willie Johnson Tom Feldmann breaks down the complexities of eight of Johnson's classics. You will see how Johnson created his "as you feel" bass lines by utilizing alternating, monotonic and "brushing" bass techniques. Of course, the defining element of Johnson's songs was his unearthly slide playing which Tom shows in detail teaching you Johnson's strike and slides, pull-offs and vibrato.
A detailed tab/music booklet is included as a PDF file on the DVD. In addition the original recordings of all the tunes are included.
- Bye And Bye I'm Goin' To See The King
- Dark Was The Night Cold Was The Ground
- God Don't Never Change
- I Know His Blood Can Make Me Whole
- Jesus Make Up My Dying Bed
- Keep Your Lamp Trimmed And Burning
- Lord I Just Cant Keep From Crying
- You're Gonna Need Somebody On Your Bond
Blind Willie Johnson
Grossman's (Stefan) Guitar Workshop
|Publisher Ref No