When boys’ voices change from a childhood treble to a lower adult voice it is important to treat the voice particularly carefully.
Pushing it too hard may cause permanent damage.
Changing Voices contains a collection of songs to help the young singer through this period:
Songs with a range of between a fifth and an octave, in a choice of keys
Wide-ranging repertoire covering classical, musical theatre, traditional songs and new commissions
Background notes about the songs and their composers
Pronunciation guides for singing in Italian, German, Spanish and French
Description of the physiology of the changing voice
Performing advice and technical guidance
For this particular period in a young male singer’s life, it is important that the song fits the singer, rather than expecting the singer to fit the song.
The songs in this book have been selected with this in mind.
- Anything Goes [Porter]
- Brown Bird Singing, A [Wood]
- Career Paths [Ben Parry]
- De Los Alamos Vengo [De Fuenllana]
- Erie Canal [Allen]
- Ezek'l Saw The Wheel
- From Far, From Eve And Morning [Vaughan Williams]
- Gas Man Cometh, The [Flanders & Swann]
- Hebe [Chausson]
- La Souris [Poulenc]
- Leave Her, Johnny
- Let It [Wallen]
- Lied Eines Schmiedes [Schumann]
- Pupille Arcierie [Da Gagliano]
- Rune Of Hospitality [Rubbra]
- Say Love If Ever Thou Didst Find [Dowland]
- Star Vicino
- Variables Of Green [Hattey]
- Volkslied [Mendelssohn]
||Hobbs & Veronica Veysey Campbell, Liza
Voice & Piano
|Publisher Ref No