George Speckert’s edition presents film themes in easy attractive arrangements for violin and piano.
Besides top titles by Hans Zimmer, Lalo Shifrin and Harold Arlen, the volume includes classical themes that have gained popularity through their use in films, for example Johannes Brahms‘ Hungarian Dance memorably used in “The Great Dictator” as well as Johann Strauss‘ “The Blue Danube” used in “2001 – A Space Odyssey”. Less well-known is the fact that Walt Disney was praised for his masterly use of classical music in one of his first full-length films, “Fantasia”, and that Stanley Kubrick also used great classical works very effectively in practically all his films. The melodies in this edition are easy to sight-read and are certainly fun to play.
- Arlen: Over The Rainbow (Wizard Of Oz / Australia)
- Boccherini: String Quartet In C No 6 Op 30 (Master And Commander)
- Brahms: Hungarian Dance (The Great Dictator).
- Debussy: Clair De Lune (Cast Away / Oceanâ€™s Eleven / Seven Years In Tibet)
- Donizetti: Aria From 'Lucia Di Lammermoor' (The Fifth Element)
- J Strauss: On The Beautiful Blue Danube (2001: A Space Odyssey)
- Mussorgsky: A Night On Bare Mountain (Fantasia / Jabberwocky / Saturday Night Fever)
- Schifrin: Mission Impossible
- Zimmer: Jack Sparrow (Pirates Of The Caribbean)
||Speckert, George A
Violin & Piano
Ger & Eng
Book & Part(s)