Nikki Iles plays from her new upcoming book, Jazz in Springtime
Following the success of Winter’s Night and Summer’s Day, this collection explores seasonal themes through well-loved jazz standards and exciting original compositions. With fully notated rhythms, grooves, and solos, and a CD of performances by Nikki Iles, these volumes are perfect for pianists looking for that authentic jazz sound.
Nikki Iles will discuss the series and her upcoming book Jazz in Springtime which is expected to be released in March this year and will be available to pre-order at the event.
Key Features of the Series
- 9 new arrangements and compositions in a variety of jazz styles including swing, samba, funk, folk, and contemporary
- Celebrated jazz standards plus originals by Nikki Iles
- Wide range of styles, inspired by great jazz pianists including Art Tatum, Oscar Peterson, Count Basie, Abdullah Ibrahim, Chick Corea, George Shearing, Monty Alexander, and Keith Jarrett
- Thoughtful pieces for the developing pianist ( approx. Grades 4–7) while idiomatic and stylistic
- Fully notated improvisations
- CD of full performances recorded by Nikki Iles, one of the UK’s foremost jazz pianists
Book your place below: