Yamaha Guitars 50th Anniversary Limited Model.
The FG180 was Yamaha’s first folk guitar, dating back 50 years to 1966. This model has been developed based on the specs from that year, recreating a modern version by applying Yamaha’s latest technological expertise. More than a mere reissue, the FG180-50TH is a refined model that Yamaha is proud to introduce.
- Yamaha Guitars 50th anniversary limited model
- A.R.E. and the new scalloped bracing to reproduce the rich sound the original FG180 had
- Follow the original FG180's design
- Hardshell case included
By treating the top board with Yamaha's exclusive A.R.E. process, which gives the instrument a rich and vintage quality tone, we aimed to reproduce the rich sound of an FG180 that has been played for many years.
Newly Developed Scalloped Bracing
A variety of tests and R&D results from acoustic characteristic simulations led to a new scalloped shape for the bracing that has produced a new level of richness from mid to low and provided an added boost in volume.
Due to the strong response from fans even today, we used our signature “red label” inside the guitar. This label includes a piano image that was only seen on the labels of the very earliest models, together with "Nippon Gakki," Yamaha's former company name, in place of "Yamaha Corporation."
Truss Rod Cover & Traditional Logo
We used a wide Yamaha logo - the same as the one for the early FG - and the words “50TH ANNIVERSARY” appear on the bell-shaped truss rod cover.
Original Pickguard & All Solid Body
The shape and thickness of the pickguard follow those of the original. The body is a solid wood construction so players can enjoy the evolving sound that develops as the instrument is played over time.
Hardshell case included.
- Scale Length 650mm (25 9/16")
- Body Length 505mm (19 7/8")
- Total Length 1038mm (40 7/8")
- Body Width 412mm (16 3/16")
- Body Depth 100 - 118mm (3 15/16" - 4 5/8")
- Nut Width 44mm (1 3/4")
- Top Material Solid Sitka Spruce A.R.E. treated
- Back Material Solid Mahogany
- Side Material Solid Mahogany
- Neck Material Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius R400mm (15 3/4")
- Bridge Material Rosewood
- Nut Material Urea
- Saddle Material Urea
- Bridge Pins Black ABS
- Tuners Open Gear (Chrome)
- Body Binding Rosewood + Cream + Black
- Soundhole Inlay White + Cream + Black
- Pickguard Black
- Body Finish Gloss
- Neck Finish Gloss
- Electronics None
- Controls None
- Color Natural
- Accessories Hex Wrench, Yamaha Guitars 50th anniversary sticker
- Case Hardshell Case