The Cambridge 12 is the latest version of Kemble's famous Cambridge models. Its piano scale has been completely redesigned to further enhance its sound quality (particularly in the bass) and the soundboard has been increased in size.
The 112cm Cambridge 12 is the latest incarnation of our popular Cambridge model. Its scale has been redesigned to enhance sound quality, particularly in the bass, and the soundboard area is also increased.
The Cambridge was voted top of its class for overall excellence by “Le Monde de la Musique” - France’s leading music magazine and because of its durability and quality, was selected for the Royal Albert Hall practice rooms. Curved side panels and cheeks enhance the classic modern styling while its substantial cabinet construction makes the Cambridge 12 popular with institutions.
Highly rated and used in the practice halls of the Royal Albert Hall, the Cambridge 12 features a solid Bavarian spruce soundboard and the world class Kemble piano action.
- Voiced and prepared in the UK for a classic British tone
- Includes a year's free servicing to keep it at its best
- Height - 112cm
- Braced back
- Solid European spruce soundboard, ribs and back
- High specification hammers
- Vacuum processed cast iron frame for greater structural strength
- World famous Yamaha action
- Depth: 54.5cm, Width: 148cm, Weight: 195kg
Silent SH Model Specifications (apply only to models with SH Silent System):
- CFX Silent Sound: The magnificent, sampled sound of Yamaha's world-beating CFX Concert Grand
- Binaural Sampling: Dummy head recording technique used to capture the piano sound from a pianist's perspective
- 19 Different Sounds: Piano, Electric Pianos 1, 2 and 3, Harpsichord 1 and 2, Vibraphone, Celesta, Pipe Organs 1, 2, 3 and 4, Jazz Organ, Strings, Choir, Synth Pad, Piano + Strings, Piano + Synth Pad, Piano + E Piano 1
- 256 Note Polyphony: An incredible 256-notes for the ultimate, real piano experience
- 256MB Wave ROM: Massive memory for huge samples and multiple velocity layer
- USB Audio Recording: Record Audio data to standard USB devices in real time
- Apps: Connect to your iPad® and use Apps such as PianoDiary to monitor your progress with daily recordings
- MIDI (IN/OUT): Connect to computers and other MIDI-equipped instruments
- USB: Transfer recordings to PCs or other devices for sharing
- 2 Headphone Sockets: With two sockets you can practise with a friend or teacher
- Metronome: The built-in metronome helps you to play with accurate tempo
- Transpose: Transpose the pitch of the sampled sounds in semitone increments
- AUX (IN/OUT): Play along with an MP3 player or through your hi-fi