British Guitar guru Adrian Legg guides you through some of his trademark devices that will help you look at the instrument in a new, unusual and creative way. His pioneering ideas are designed to help you step away from all the pre-conceived ideas of how a guitar works and what it can do.
The techniques in this tutorial will add rich textures and stunning effects to your arrangements. They include:
* Use of Keith-style banjo tuners
* Imitating the sound of the pedal steel guitar
* Using double string bends
* working with harmonised scales
* Using half-capos that leave some strings ringing whilst barring others
Nine full instrumental pieces are used to show these ideas in context, including Silent Night, Auld Lang Syne and Brooklyn Blossom. Each piece is explored in depth, examining the possibilities for embellishment that will transform each performance into something that is entirely your own.
|Publisher Ref No