These arrangements were written for string ensembles in primary and secondary schools, music centres, prep schools, and for various ensembles at Charterhouse. They grew out of a need for playable yet musically challenging arrangements, where maximum 'effect' is obtained by using naturally resonant keys and idiomatic bowings - and have been used, and honed, over many years. They also recognise the fact that in many schools viola players are scarce; most of the easier arrangements are therefore in three parts, with optional viola (doubling second violin) and optional double bass. The more advanced arrangements are in four parts, with independent double bass (viola still optional) which can be played if necessary by a cellist (special part provided). The arrangements ensure that all departments have the tune or thematic material at some stage - not just the first violins!
* Written with the development of young players' technique in mind.
* Arrangements of 'real' music providing worthwhile musical challenges.
* No independent viola part (optional double bass and viola parts provided)
* All parts get a go at the tune!
- Andante Cantabile (String Quartet Op 3 No 5) [Haydn]
- Bourree (The Water Music) [Handel]
- Hornpipe (The Water Music) [Handel]
- Pastoral Symphony (5th Movement From '6th Symphony') [Beethoven]
Saxophone & Piano - Soprano
|Publisher Ref No
Book & Part(s)