Duet Collection 1 provides 26 fun duets explicitly linked to the levels of progression (starting with beginners) found in Method Book 1.
It comes with a CD on which you can listen to all the pieces performed on a grand piano by professional concert pianists. The CD also contains the accompaniments alone, so that you can play your part along as a duet with the CD!
This book is a great supplement to Method Book 1, giving you further enjoyable pieces which will help your learning at each stage of your development.
In line with The Classical Piano Method, these duets are drawn mainly from the classical repertoire, and also include a number of modern pieces in interesting and varied arrangements, with straightforward accompaniments ideal for a teacher or friend.
This book is, of course, also a very useful standalone collection of progressively-graded duet repertoire in its own right, providing relevant repertoire as the pianist’s playing develops. Suitable for pianists in the early stages of learning to play.
About The Classical Piano Method:
This is ideal for adults and young people looking to learn the piano from scratch, or for those returning to the piano after a substantial break from playing.
As the learner, you will gain a traditional, classic technique, and will be introduced to interesting, varied and well-known classical pieces right from the outset.
The method is friendly and is carefully designed to progress in small manageable steps, beginning with simple fingering patterns and exercises, moving onto some of the most beautiful melodies and pieces from the baroque, classical and romantic eras: such as the Ode to Joy, Für Elise and the Blue Danube Waltz.
The Method Books lead you through a range of exercises, repertoire pieces to learn, theory checks, clear instruction & diagrams on playing and technique, tips on practising, and composer biographies. They also enclose a CD on which you can listen to all the pieces performed on a grand piano by a concert pianist, as well as some additional accompanying parts which you can use as play-along tracks. Learning is made interesting, informed and fun.
- Andante Op 44 No 1 [Andre]
- Aura Lee
- Beginner, The Op 211 No 1 [Gurlitt]
- Beginner, The Op 211 No 2 [Gurlitt]
- Bell Tower Melody From England: Big Ben
- Careless Love [Traditional]
- Cuckoo, Cuckoo! [Melody From Austria]
- Elephant, The [Saint-Saens]
- Emperor Waltz [J Strauss]
- Horn Concerto No 2 [Mozart]
- In The Light Of The Moon [Lully]
- Long, Long [Bayly]
- Lullaby Op 49 No 4 [Brahms]
- Melody No 3 [Le Couppey]
- Melody No 4 [Le Couppey]
- Melody No 5 [Le Couppey]
- Morning Has Broken [Old Gaelic Melody]
- Musical Children's Friend, The Op 87 No 1 [Wohlfahrt]
- Musical Children's Friend, The Op 87 No 15 [Wohlfahrt]
- Musical Children's Friend, The Op 97 No 4 [Wohlfahrt]
- O Sole Mio [Di Capua]
- Piano Star [Heumann]
- Play In The Morning [Turk]
- Romance [Mozart]
- Russian Dance [Tchaikovsky]
- Trout, The [Schubert]
|Publisher Ref No
Book & CD