Our legendary stereo sampled grand piano voice offers a superbly realistic tone, whilst the compact dimensions and light weight of the NP31 make this instrument a truly 'personal' piano.
- Slim, light & compact design
- Graded Soft Touch keyboard
- Advanced Wave Memory (AWM) stereo sampling
- Built-in stereo speaker system
- Battery power or AC adaptor
- Auto Power Off mode
A great solution for anyone who needs a compact, light and stylish portable piano.
A Wide Range of Realistic Instrument Voices
The NP-31 has 10 high quality sounds available to the player:
- Grand Piano 1 Recorded samples from a full concert grand piano. Perfect for classical compositions as well as any other style that requires acoustic piano.
- Grand Piano 2 Clear piano with bright reverb. Good for popular music.
- E.Piano 1 An electronic piano sound created by FM synthesis. Good for standard popular music.
- E.Piano 2 Vintage electric piano sound of hammer- struck metallic “tines.” Soft tone when played lightly, and an aggressive tone when played hard.
- Pipe Organ 1 A typical pipe organ sound (8 feet + 4 feet + 2 feet). Good for sacred music from the Baroque period.
- Pipe Organ 2 This is the organ’s full coupler sound, often associated with Bach’s “Toccata and Fugue.”
- Strings Spacious and large-scale string ensemble. Try combining this Voice with piano in DUAL.
- Vibraphone Played with relatively soft mallets.
- Harpsichord 1 The definitive instrument for baroque music. Authentic harpsichord sound, with plucked strings, no touch response.
- Harpsichord 2 Mixes the same Voice an octave higher for a more brilliant, dynamic tone.
Slim, light & compact design
The NP-31 is a truly portable piano-style keyboard, perfect for use in a wide variety of locations.
Graded Soft Touch keyboard
With Yamaha's Graded Soft Touch keyboard, the lower keys are heavier in touch and the higher keys are lighter, just as on an actual piano, whilst retaining the softer touch of a digital keyboard.
Advanced Wave Memory (AWM) stereo sampling
Advanced Wave Memory stereo sampling is a system which uses sound wave data that mirrors the tone and expression of the original instrument by using advanced digital technologies. It creates a unique, rich sound by using multiple waveforms.
Built-in stereo speaker system
This instrument uses highly efficient amplifiers that create a poweful, natural sound from a compact speaker system.
10 voices including Natural Grand Piano
An ultra-realistic piano sound together with a selection of other instrument voices, controlled through an expressive touch-sensitive keyboard.
combine two voices together ( e.g. piano and strings) for greater versatility
Auto Power Off mode
The NP-31 comes with a new eco-friendly function that turns off the power automatically if the keyboard has not been used for a set amount of time.
- Width 1,244mm (49")
- Height 105m (4"1/8')
- Depth 259mm (10-1/4")
- Weight 5.7kg (12bs., 9oz.)
- Number of Keys 76
- Type Graded Soft Touch
- Touch Response Yes
- Tone Generation Tone Generating Technology AWM Stereo Sampling
- Polyphony Number of Polyphony (Max.) 32
- Preset Number of Voices 10
- Types Reverb 4 types
- Functions Dual/Layers Yes
- Preset Number of Preset Songs 10 voice and 10 piano demo
- Demo/Help Demonstration 10 voice and 10 piano demo
- Overall Controls Metronome Yes
- Tempo Range 32 to 280
- Transpose -6 to 0, 0 to +6
- Tuning Yes
Storage and Connectivity
- Connectivity DC IN DC IN 12V
- 1 x Headphones socket
- Sustain Pedal Yes
- MIDI In/Out
Amplifiers and Speakers
- Amplifiers 6W x 2
- Speakers (12cm x 6cm) x 2
- Power Supply Adaptor (PA-5D/PA-150) INCLUDED, or batteries (Six "AA" size, LR6 or equivalent batteries)
- Power Consumption 20W
- Included Accessories: Music Rest
Please note that we are only able to supply this item within the UK, Republic of Ireland and Republic of Malta.