Yamaha MS101-4 Powered Monitor Speaker
The standard model in our range of desktop utility powered monitors, the MS101-4 offers portability in a compact design and simple but comprehensive functions for outstanding usability.
- 30W of amplifier power provides clean, high output sound
- Redesigned enclosure for an even lower profile
- Combo Input jack accepts both XLR and 1/4" connectors
- Directly mountable on Euro microphone stands (Optional mic stand adaptor BMS-10A is available for adjusting tilt angle)
The de facto standard for compact monitoring in a simple form
The standard model in our range of desktop utility powered monitors, the MS101-4 offers portability in a compact design and simple but comprehensive functions for outstanding usability. The MS101-4 comes with a 3/8-16 threaded female mounting for direct attachment to a Euro microphone stand, and optional accessories can also be added for use in a wide range of applications.
A compact, convenient approach to high-quality monitoring anywhere
Yamaha's smallest powered monitor speaker compatible with both line and mic inputs, the MS101-4 powered monitor speaker offers the flexibility needed for temporary or permanent use in applications requiring simple, compact monitors.
Simple, portable, durable design
With the controls (power switch, volume and tone controls) and the combo jack input on the lower front panel, the MS101-4 is simple and easy to operate.
The sturdy metal grill offers complete protection for the four-inch cone driver, while the rear panel is equipped with one stereo mini and two TRS Phone input connectors, and an AC inlet for excellent portability. The bass reflex port is also located on the rear surface, resulting in a more compact chassis.
The MS101-4 offers a compact, lightweight form that is both portable and durable.
- Speaker type - Full range Powered Speaker, Bass-reflex Type
- Frequency range (-10dB) - 77 Hz–20 kHz
- Maximum output level (1m; on axis) - 115 dB SPL *1
- Components LF-HF - 4" Cone, 1" Voice coil, Ferrite magnet
- Dimensions W/H/D - 142 mm / 196mm / 187mm
- Net weight - 1 kg (4.6 lbs)
- Flying and mounting hardware - Screw threads (bottom): 2 x M5 depth 11 mm pitch 60 mm (for 2, M5 x 6-10 mm screws), 1 x 3/8" depth 12 mm (for 1 x 3/8" x 9-11 mm screw)
- Amplifier class - Class-D
- Dynamic - 30 W
- Continuous - 20 W
- Cooling - Natural cooling (no fan)
- Mic Input - [Front] INPUT: Combo, [Rear] INPUT LINE 1: Stereo Mini, INPUT LINE 2: Phone (TRS)
- Line Out - 1 x Phone (TRS)
- AC - 1 x AC inlet
- Input impedance - [Front] INPUT: LINE=5.4 k? / MIC= 5.4 k?, [Rear] INPUT LINE 1,2: 10 k?
- Input sensitivity - [Front] INPUT: LINE=-10 dBu / MIC=-40 dBu, [Rear] INPUT LINE 1, 2: -10 dBu (VOLUME: Maximum)
- Input Level - [Front] INPUT: LINE=+5 dBu / MIC=-25 dBu, [Rear] INPUT LINE 1, 2: +5 dBu (Nominal Input Level / VOLUME: Center), [Front] INPUT: LINE=+20 dBu / MIC=-10 dBu, [Rear] INPUT LINE 1, 2: +20 dBu (Maximum Input Level)
- Others - Controls: 1 x VOLUME, 1 x LOW CONTROL, 1 x HIGH CONTROL, POWER
- Indicators - POWER (Green LED)
- Power consumption - 1/8 Power Consumption: 10 W, Idle Power Consumption: 3 W
- Power requirements - 100 V - 240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Options - Mic stand adaptor BMS-10A, Free-angle clamp BAS-10, Wall mounting bracket BWS20-190, Ceiling bracket BCS20-150 / BCS20-210
*1: Measured peak SPL with pink noise @1m.