Want to play when and where you like, without being confined to a time or place? Our next generation Silent Brass system makes it possible...
The new Silent Brass packs include a smaller, lighter, even more playable pickup mute which works together with the new Personal Studio module, which features our exclusive Brass Resonance Modeling. Used together, you'll feel and hear the natural acoustic tone and response of non-muted playing - without disturbing friends and family.
Silent Brass Pickup Mute
The Pickup Mute combines a high-performance mute with an internal microphone to pickup sound. Significantly smaller and lighter than previous versions, the mute offers superior muting performance, delivers excellent intonation over a wide pitch range, and natural playability. A new compact design now lets you put your instrument in its case with the mute in the bell.
Please note that the Pickup Mute may not fit some instruments with significantly different bell shapes or bell diameters. Please check before purchasing.
Brass Resonance Modelling
The Silent Brass Personal Studio module features our unique Brass Resonance Modelling technology, which recreates the sound of non-muted brass instruments to correct your instrument’s tone when the Silent Brass Pickup Mute is in place. The resulting sound is so realistic, it’s virtually indistinguishable from the un-muted tone.
The Silent Brass Offers More Enjoyment
Connect the output from an audio player, smartphone, et al to the AUX IN jack on the Personal Studio and enjoy playing along with your favorite recordings or 'minus one' practice aids. The headphone output can also be used as an output jack for recording and stage use.
Do not use the AUX IN jack when using the PHONES jack as an output jack.
|Pickup Mute™ || |
| || |
|Model ||PM7X |
|Dimensions (Diameter x Length) ||82 x 139mm (3-1/4" x 5-1/2") |
|Weight ||70g (2.5 oz.) |
|Internal Microphone ||Electric condenser microphone |
|Pickup Output Jack ||Mini phone jack |
|Nominal Level ||-25dB～-35dB |
|Brass Resonance Modeling™ ||Yes |
| || |
|Personal Studio™ || |
| || |
|Model ||STX |
|Dimensions (W x D x H) ||70 x 20 x 98mm |
|Weight ||69g (2.4 oz) without batteries |
|Jacks and Terminals ||MUTE IN, AUX IN, PHONES |
|Control ||VOL. (volume), Reverb type, Power ON/OFF |
|Brass Resonance Modeling™ ||Yes (It behaves correctly only when compatible Pickup Mute™ is connected to Personal Studio™.) |
|Power Supply ||AA alkaline or nickel-metal hydride batteries x 2 (3V DC) |
| || |
|Included Accessories ||Cable |
| ||Stereo Earphones |
| || |
- In some cases, the Pickup Mute™ may not fit instruments that have significantly different bell diameters and/or shapes. Please check before purchasing.
- The Pickup Mute™ is not compatible with Marching Mellophones, Marching French Horns, Alto (Tenor) Horns, or Baritones.
- The SILENT Brass™ mute for Trombone (SB5X) and the Pickup Mute™ (PM5X) are not compatible with Alto Trombones or Bass Trombones.
- The SILENT Brass™ mutes for Flugelhorn (SB6X) and the Pickup Mute (PM6X) protrudes 3-4 cm from the bell.
- The Pickup Mute™ cannot be stored in the cases of French Horns with detachable bells.
- For information on compatibility with Yamaha brass instruments and cases please refer to the "Compatibility Table".
- Always remove the Pickup Mute™ from the instrument if the instrument is to be stored for an extended period of time.
- The PHONES jack on the Personal Studio™ STX is for stereo output (do not use it for mono output).
- Do not connect an earphone with microphone headset or similar device that has a 4-contact plug to the Personal Studio™. The use of such a device can result in severely degraded balance and sound.
- Do not connect the PHONE jack to a microphone input jack (or combined mic/line input) on a computer, etc., that also supplies power to the connected device (plug-in power).
- If you want to use the jack as an external output, do not connect anything to the AUX IN jack.
- Please note that Brass Resonance Modeling™ is only available when the STX Personal Studio™ is combined with a PM3X/5X/6X/7X Pickup Mute™. It is not available with any other Personal Studio™ or Pickup Mute™ models.
- AA batteries are not supplied. Please purchase separately.
- SILENT Brass™, Personal Studio™, Pickup Mute™, Brass Resonance Modeling™, and SILENT Brass™ logo are all trademarks owned by the Yamaha Corporation.
Please note that we deliver within the United Kingdom only
Questions & Answers
Question: Dear Yamaha, I just want to make sure that this piece of equipment will fit my Yamaha 6330B 'Till Bronner' model. Hope to hear you, Best, Pascal Hagemeijer
The SB7X unit is suitable for the 6330B trumpet. Click here for more information on the Yamaha Music website