With its stunning minimalist look, the SVC-50 Silent Cello is the perfect partner for practice and for performance - and a revolution when it comes to portability.
Featuring the same high quality pickup system as its bigger brother, the SVC-110, the SVC-50 sounds incredible. When it comes to getting from gig to gig, we designed the super-slim SVC-50 to easily dismantle, allowing the entire cello to fit into a compact case.
Our cello makers worked together with some of the world's greatest cellists to create our Silent Cello range - and the talent of those artists and artisans is brilliantly reflected in the warm, rich tone and familiar playability of the instruments.
The SVC Series plays and sounds so similar to a high quality acoustic cello that cellists feel immediately at home - but with the added convenience of being able to practice whenever and wherever they want with headphones.
"These instruments have incredible potential. Although first developed for use as a practice instrument, they have opened a new door of possibilities for the cello by the use of electronic technology ... I enjoy performing with this musical instrument and am challenging musical audiences worldwide to open their minds to a future of new sounds from the cello."
David Geringas, Cello Soloist
The SVC-50 features a simple, solid alder body. Leg supports are a single unit design that is easily removed from the instrument's main body for transportation or storage.
The SVC-50 Silent Cello is equipped with Aux-In, Line Out and headphone jacks sockets. Connect an iPhone, iPad or other music player to the input jack to practice with your favourite recordings. The Line Out connects easily to a PA system making live performance quick to set up and reverb can be quickly added to the sound.
Three onboard reverb modes recreate the acoustics of a practice room, recital hall and cathedral.
Feels, plays, and sounds like a traditional cello, making transition to and from an acoustic cello intuitively natural. Lightweight and very easy to transport.
- Width: 432mm
- Height: 1,235mm
- Depth: 240mm
- Weight 3.5kg (including batteries and chest support)
- Body Size: 4/4 (Full Size)
- Body Material: Alder
- Neck Material: Maple
- Finger Board Material: Ebony
- Bridge Material: Maple
- Tuning Peg Material: Ebony (Worm Gear Type)
- Tailpiece Material: Ebony
- Knee Support Material: Beech/Aluminium
- Included Strings: Super Sensitive Red Label
- Pick Up System: Piezo Pickup
- Overall Controls: Master Volume, Reverb
- Reverb Simulations: ROOM, HALL1, HALL2
- Connectivity: LINE OUT, HEADPHONE OUT, AUX IN
- Power Supply: 2x AA Batteries (1.5V) or AC adapter (sold separately)
- Battery Life (Assuming Alkaline Batteries): Approx. 10 to 35 hours
- Included Accessories: Batteries, Earphones, Soft Case, Chest Support, Cable
We are only able to deliver this item within the UK, Republic of Ireland and Republic of Malta.