Powered by over 100 years of piano craftsmanship and 45 years of synthesizer innovation, the CP73 stage piano boasts authentic acoustic and electric piano sounds, realistic piano touch and an intuitive one-to-one user interface.
Sound is the most important part of any musical instrument. The CP73 stage piano features a wide range of grand piano, upright piano, electric piano and keyboard sounds for playing any music genre.
The feel of an instrument is crucial. The CP73 features a newly-designed, 73-key balanced action that gives you an authentic electric piano feel. It even features an 'E-to-E' keyboard – perfect for playing in a band with a guitar and bass. The balanced action is especially useful when playing a variety of different sounds from acoustic piano to organ or even synth.
Sound is the most important part of any musical instrument. Our CP73 stage piano features a wide range of grand piano, upright piano, electric piano and keyboard sounds for playing any music genre.
Yamaha Premium Acoustic Grand Pianos
The CP73 features three premium concert grand pianos: the Yamaha CFX, Yamaha S700 and the Bösendorfer Imperial 290. These pianos provide full dynamic expression and nuance through meticulous recording and voicing.
- The result of over 17 years of development, the Yamaha CFX is our flagship 9’ concert grand piano. The CFX offers sparkling highs, powerful bass with incredible dynamic range and the strength to project over a full symphony orchestra.
- Bösendorfer is unique amongst piano makers as the only manufacturer in the world still utilising the Viennese handcrafted design tradition. This produces warm bass, singing treble and rich tonal colours known as the 'Viennese Sound'. The 9.5’ 8-octave Imperial 290 is the flagship of the Bösendorfer range. The extended bass notes resonate with every key you strike, and the massive soundboard supports projection at all frequencies.
- The S700 is a handcrafted acoustic grand piano built by our master artisans. It has the power to cut through dense arrangements while remaining delicate and expressive in solo and sparse settings.
Yamaha Acoustic Upright Pianos
- The U1 is the most popular upright piano in the world. The CP88's U1 voice features a vintage, well-used character. This makes it perfect for any music needing the vibe and sound of an authentic upright piano.
- The SU7 is our flagship acoustic upright piano. The SU7 delivers rich, resonant tone from shared CFX concert grand hammer specification.
Electric Pianos & Keyboards
- Yamaha introduced the CP80 and CP70 electric grand pianos in 1978 to give musicians great grand piano sound that could cut through a live band. The CP80 sound on the CP88 is powerful and fat with a wide dynamic range.
- The 78 Rd tine electric piano voice has wide dynamic range, high quality and is great for FX. Suitable for all genres of music.
- 75 Rd has a dirtier, funkier tine electric piano sound, great for music requiring vibe and character.
- 73 Rd has a vintage, fat and warm tine electric piano sound perfect for ballads and accompanying singers.
- The Wr reed electric piano Voice offers vintage and modern versions with wide dynamic range.
Organs, Clavi and Keyboards: CP88 also features a wide range of other keyboard sounds including: tonewheel, transistor and pipe organs plus clavi, FM pianos and more to cover any playing situation.
Synths, Strings and more
CP73 features synth sounds for covering any gig or session. Split, layer or solo warm pads, lush strings, deep synth basses, synth leads, brass and more. The one-to-one CP control interface allows real-time interaction for instant sound creation.
CP73 features an extensive, integrated effects section for creating your own, unique sound. Each of the three sections (Piano section, Electric piano section and Sub section) features dedicated effects. There are also master effects with delay, reverb and master EQ with dedicated controls for easy, real-time tweaking.
VCM (Virtual Circuity Modelling) Effects
Virtual Circuitry Modeling re-creates the sound and behavior of vintage effects and high-end studio signal processors by modelling the circuits down to the original analog component level.
The feel of an instrument allows a musician to conveys his or her message. Designed with our knowledge and experience of over a century of acoustic and electric piano-making, the CP73 features a 73-note balanced weighted action - perfect for playing a range of different voices and lightweight and compact for gigging.
With its one-to-one interface, the CP73 gives you direct, immediate and total control of your sound during stage or studio performance. There’s no programming, menu-diving or web-searching with CP. The intuitive CP interface allows fast and easy splits, layers and sound-shaping directly from the front panel.
The CP73 can connect and integrate into your home studio or live rig with its onboard USB MIDI and audio connectivity, along with both jack and XLR audio outputs.