Thanks for the question. The UX16 isn't MIDI Class Compliant/Core-MIDI Compatible and so won't work with iPad and other iOS devices.
If your piano has a USB-to-Host port:
- Our older digital pianos which feature USB-to-Host will work with our i-UX1 cable (see link below), in conjunction with Apple's 30pin-to-Lightning adapter (our older digital piabno models aren't Core MIDI/MIDI Class Compliant and so can't be directly connected)
- All our digital pianos which feature USB-to-Host ports can be used with our UD-BT01 adapter (link below) to connect wirelessly to your iPad Air using Bluetooth
- Our current-generation digital pianos with USB-to-Host are Core MIDI/MIDI Class Compliant and can be connected to iOS using a standard USB cable (similar to the cable you might use with a USB printer) and Apple's Camera Connection Adapter
If your piano only has traditional 5-pin DIN MIDI IN and MIDI OUT sockets:
- You can use our MD-BT01 adapter (link below) to connect your piano wirelessly to compatible iOS devices and apps using Bluetooth
- You can use our i-MX1 cable (link below) in conjunction with Apple's 30pin-to-Lightning adapter